Walls of Hope
Recent Projects & Pics Featured Below
Over the last 7 years, the Walls of Hope team and anyone associated with one of our family projects, has seen and experienced the: joy, smile, a twinkle in the eye or radiance of hope in one of our Walls of Hope children and their family when they view their room makeover for the first time.
At that moment, and for years to come, one cannot help experiencing and feeling: hearts that are beginning to heal, a life being transformed and the restoration of hope for each special child, their deserving family, volunteers and any person or company contributing to the project…It is truly a life impacting experience!
Walls of Hope is constantly faced with the dilemma of wanting/wishing to reach out and help so many deserving families. Realistically; we are a grassroots, nonprofit organization who depends solely on: funding from the community, private & business sectors and support from our amazing volunteers and our team.
In 2011, our leadership team determined that we could effectively expand our service offerings within our existing geographic area; providing more hope to and for more children and their families….and thus, Dream Rooms has become a reality
What’s Unique About Dream Rooms?
- Dream Room projects are mini Walls of Hope projects created for children with life challenging illnesses
- A goal of Walls of Hope is to bring hope and happiness to a child; by transforming their bedroom into a bright, safe and uplifting haven
- A bedroom will be redesigned to reflect a child’s personality/dreams/challenges/wishes/life to bring a sense of reprieve from the life challenges they, and their family, are facing
- These rooms will reflect who they are and their favorite things that bring a smile to their face and that twinkle in their eyes….Hope…
- Each project is completed in 3 days; so there is minimal disruption to the family home
- These special rooms are created with no cost to family; regardless of financial situation
- Our goal is raise enough funding to complete 3 – 4 Dream Room projects per year
- To apply to become a Dream Rooms recipient, please fill out our FAMILY SUBMISSION form
- Please continue to read on; to learn more about Dream Rooms and view photos from our projects
May 4th – 6th, 2012 – Dream Rooms Project For Lighthouse, Oakville:
The Lighthouse, located in Oakville,
is a safe haven For Grieving Children, Teens and Their Families
Who have Experienced a “Life Altering Death”
Click on the first photo to enlarge and view all photos